Here's some of Cloudflare incidents.
- 2021-11-30: Network Performance Issues in Atlanta, GA, United States
- 2021-11-26: Customer Impacting Issue
- 2021-11-20: Network timeouts from TELKOMSEL ASN Indonesia
- 2021-11-13: SSH authentication issue
- 2021-11-11: Network Performance Issues in Seattle, United States
- 2021-11-10: Distributed Web Gateway
- 2021-11-10: Elevated number of 5xx errors in Canada
- 2021-11-10: Elevated number of 5xx errors in LHR
- 2021-11-07: Connectivity Issues in Warsaw, Poland (WAW)
- 2021-11-05: Customer Impacting Issue in the Mumbai Datacenter
- 2021-11-02: Network Performance Issues in Ashburn
- 2021-10-28: Network Performance Issues in Miami, FL, US
- 2021-10-27: 503 errors
- 2021-10-25: Possible Network Congestion in Brussels
- 2021-10-25: Elevated number of 5xx errors in Dallas (DFW)
- 2021-10-25: Korea Telecom issue
- 2021-10-25: Increased latency in Seattle, (SEA)
- 2021-10-23: Miami, FL, United States - (MIA) is experienced degraded network connectivity
- 2021-10-22: Increased HTTP 522 Errors in South America
- 2021-10-20: Elevated number of 502 errors in PDX
- 2021-10-14: Network Performance Issues in the Ashburn, VA datacenter
- 2021-10-12: Network Performance Issues in Prague
- 2021-10-06: Elevated number of 502 errors in Atlanta
- 2021-10-05: Network Performance Issues in Johannesburg
- 2021-10-05: Connectivity issues in Auckland, New Zealand(AKL)
- 2021-10-04: Increased HTTP 502 Errors in Sweden
- 2021-10-02: Connectivity issues in SJC
- 2021-09-29: Network Performance Issues in SIN
- 2021-09-29: Issues with the Cloudflare APO for WordPress Plugin
- 2021-09-27: Customer Impacting Issue at MIA - Miami Datacenter
- 2021-09-27: Network Performance Issues in Miami
- 2021-09-21: Investigating Network Issues in Europe
- 2021-09-17: Network Performance Issues in India
- 2021-09-16: Customers using Geo Key Manager may experience intermittent TLS termination in our San Jose, CA, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, JP locations
- 2021-09-16: AMP Real URL returning 5xx errors
- 2021-09-14: Degraded performance issue with Rocket Loader in China
- 2021-09-14: Blank Pages being displayed for some customers
- 2021-09-14: Issue with Specific Set-Cookie headers
- 2021-09-13: Elevated number of 5xx errors in Sydney
- 2021-09-10: Customer Impacting Issue
- 2021-09-08: Performance issue with public resolver 18.104.22.168 in San Jose, CA and Newark, NJ
- 2021-09-07: Network Performance Issues in San Jose, United States
- 2021-09-02: Network Performance Issues in IAD
- 2021-09-02: Issues in Vancouver Data Center
- 2021-09-02: Increase of 1029 Error Code
- 2021-08-28: Increased number of 5xx errors in Taipei
- 2021-08-27: Network Performance Issues in India
- 2021-08-24: Increased HTTP 5xx Errors
- 2021-08-24: Network Performance Issues in TPE
- 2021-08-20: Increased HTTP 502/504 Errors in ISB and LHE
- 2021-08-20: TLS termination failures for some China customers
- 2021-08-19: Customer Impacting Issue
- 2021-08-16: Durable Objects timeouts
- 2021-08-13: Network Performance Issues in Atlanta, ATL
- 2021-08-12: Durable Objects timeouts
- 2021-08-11: Elevated 520 errors on Free Zones
- 2021-08-07: Network Performance Issues in SJC
- 2021-08-06: Increased HTTP 520 Errors
- 2021-08-01: Network Performance Issues in Data Centers near California
- 2021-07-30: Increased HTTP 522 Errors
- 2021-07-29: Cloudflare Edge Side Code (ESC) Issue
- 2021-07-29: Network Performance Issues in Singapore
- 2021-07-28: Customer Impacting Issue
- 2021-07-27: Network Performance Issues in France
- 2021-07-25: Possible Network Congestion in Atlanta
- 2021-07-24: Distributed Web Gateway
- 2021-07-22: Network Performance Issues in Dallas region
- 2021-07-20: Distributed Web Gateway increased level of 404 errors
- 2021-07-15: Network Performance Issues in multiple datacenters
- 2021-07-12: Network Performance Issues in London, UK area.
- 2021-07-08: Degraded Network Performance in Baghdad, IQ
- 2021-07-05: Regional Services degraded in Chicago area
- 2021-07-02: Increased HTTP 522 Errors in Osaka Japan region
- 2021-06-29: Retro - Elevated number of 504 errors
- 2021-06-22: Network Performance Issues in Toronto, Lisbon, and Kuala Lumpur
- 2021-06-21: Authoritative DNS lookup problems for some Free plan zones
- 2021-06-21: Network Performance Issues in Chicago and São Paulo
- 2021-06-21: Customer Impacting Issue
- 2021-06-17: Lisbon and Toronto datacenters increase in errors
- 2021-06-17: Increased HTTP 522 Errors in Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Nagpur, India
- 2021-06-16: Elevated number of 502 errors in KIX Osaka
- 2021-06-16: Network Performance Issues in Ashburn
- 2021-06-10: Load Balancer Notification Email Delivery Issues
- 2021-06-14: Elevated number of 522 errors in Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane (MEL, PER, BNE)
- 2021-06-11: Elevated Errors in Chicago and LA
- 2021-06-10: Network Performance Issues in Chicago, Atlanta, and Dallas
- 2021-06-08: Network Performance Issues in India
- 2021-06-08: Network Performance Issues in Toronto and Lisbon
- 2021-06-08: Network Connectivity Issues in Dallas-Fort Worth Area.
- 2021-06-07: Network Performance Issues in Paris, FR (CDG)
- 2021-06-04: Increased HTTP 522 Errors in Athens, Greece
- 2021-06-02: DNS Scan is slow when onboarding zone
- 2021-06-02: Network Performance Issues in EWR/Newark, New Jersey
- 2021-06-01: Possible Network Congestion in Hong Kong
- 2021-05-31: Possible Network Congestion in Kathmandu, Nepal - (KTM), New Delhi, India - (DEL) and Chennai, India - (MAA).
- 2021-05-27: Connectivity issues on Unused Prefixes
- 2021-05-25: Load Balancing slow steering
- 2021-05-25: Increased TLS Errors when using Regional Services
- 2021-05-25: Network Performance Issues in India
- 2021-05-24: Distributed Web Gateway
- 2021-05-23: Increased HTTP 525 Errors in Chennai, India area.
- 2021-05-19: Increased Level of DNS Query Errors
- 2021-05-19: Possible Network Congestion in Mumbai, India area.
- 2021-05-18: DNS Queries Issue
- 2021-05-18: Cloudflare 22.214.171.124 Issues
- 2021-05-14: HTTP 500 errors for Image Resizing for certain JPEG images with EXIF metadata
- 2021-05-12: Cloudflare Pages Intermittent Build Failures
- 2021-05-11: 126.96.36.199 for Families DoH Connectivity Issues
- 2021-05-10: Elevated number of 522 errors in LHR, London
- 2021-05-10: Network Performance Issues in Atlanta, GA, United States - (ATL)
- 2021-05-08: Network Performance Issues in ICN01, South Korea
- 2021-05-06: Elevated number of 522 errors in MIA Miami Florida
- 2021-05-04: Network Performance Issues
- 2021-04-30: Distributed Web Gateway Issue
- 2021-04-29: Network Performance Issues in Bogotá and Medellín
- 2021-04-28: Distributed Web Gateway
- 2021-04-28: Network Performance Issues in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro
- 2021-04-27: Network Performance Issues in Mumbai, India area.
- 2021-04-26: Degraded Performance Issues in Mumbai.
- 2021-04-26: Network Performance Issues in Mumbai, India area.
- 2021-04-26: Increased HTTP 520 Errors
- 2021-04-24: Increased HTTP 522 Errors in Milan, Italy - (MXP)
- 2021-04-21: Distributed Web Gateway
- 2021-04-20: Increased HTTP 500 Errors in Lisbon and Toronto
- 2021-04-20: Customer Impacting Issue with SZX
- 2021-04-19: Retro: Elevated number of 522 errors in BOM
- 2021-04-19: Retro: Congestion in Ashburn, Virginia
- 2021-04-17: Increased Errors in Cloudflare's Mombasa Datacenter
- 2021-04-17: Users in South Africa and the APAC region may experience high latency and connection timeouts
- 2021-04-16: Cloudflare Gateway Connectivity issues
- 2021-04-16: Network Congestion In Several Asia Data Centers
- 2021-04-14: Australian users experienced elevated errors and a drop in 200s
- 2021-04-14: Elevated number of 530/503 errors from Amsterdam, Netherlands - (AMS)
- 2021-04-13: Cloudflare Name Resolver
- 2021-04-11: Connectivity issues around Manchester, United Kingdom
- 2021-04-11: Network Performance Issues in Incheon (ICN), South Korea
- 2021-04-09: SSL handshake failures in the China region
- 2021-04-08: Cloudlare DNS NODATA change
- 2021-04-08: Browser isolation service degraded
- 2021-04-02: DNS resolution issue
- 2021-03-31: Websocket connectivity Issues
- 2021-03-29: Network performance issues in Canada may result in increased latency
- 2021-03-29: SSL/TLS Handshake failures
- 2021-03-29: Network performance issues in South-America may result in increased latency
- 2021-03-28: Network Performance Issues in Toronto (ON) and Montréal (QC), Canada
- 2021-03-24: Network Performance Issues in Ashburn, Virginia, USA
- 2021-03-24: Increased HTTP Errors in multiple locations
- 2021-03-24: Connectivity Issues observed in Lisbon
- 2021-03-23: Increased HTTP 522 Errors in Ashburn
- 2021-03-23: Network Performance Issues in Ashburn, VA, United States.
- 2021-03-22: Increased HTTP 522 Errors in Stockholm
- 2021-03-18: Network Performance Issues in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 2021-03-18: Increased HTTP 520 Errors
- 2021-03-17: Customer Impacting Issue in European Region
- 2021-03-17: Network Latency Issues in the Pacific North West region.
- Censorship: Codeberg.org silently deleted
cloudflare-torand all related forks from codeberg.org without joining the discussion.
- Please, try not to link to git directly. If same thing happens again your link will break.
- Link to URL forwarder,
- Link to URL forwarder,
- Censorship: Codeberg.org ordered Jeff to delist codeberg.org related lines, yet they failed to mention which lines are the problem. All codeberg lines are removed for now.
- Tor Project member, Jim Newsome (Shadow dev/jnewsome), deleted cloudflare warning, putting Tor users at risk.
- And he replaced "dead link" to cloudflare's link.
- Hey Tor Project, it's not "dead". You deleted them, remember?
- Tor project member, Gustavo Gus (Community Team Lead/ggus) defacted Cloudflare-related documents after few days later.
Self publishing platform, BookRix.com, denied Mr. Jeff Cliff's book titled "The Great Cloudwall" and stopped publishing it. The reason is "Copyright infringement". All of book's data, text and image can be found in this repository. You can download this book here.
#greatcloudwall gets further politicized: Terminates Service for 8Chan - the #greatcloudwall gets one step closer to dictating what you can or cannot say on the internet
The log file from your iOS app shows that you do track personal information, like device name, UUID, and an identifier - install_id That contradicts what you have in your blogpost - “We don't write user-identifiable log data to disk”
Cool new tool : Cloud Firewall
"I can't visit Army.mill and Archive Today with Cloudflare DNS."
Let's test: https://danwin1210.me/url.php?id=39706
archive.today CloudFlare: (None) Google: A 188.8.131.52 (Russia, AS51659 LLC Baxet)
archive.is CloudFlare: A 184.108.40.206 (NSA, AS13335 Cloudflare, Inc.) Google: A 220.127.116.11 (Russia, AS51659)
Why these results are completely different!? Try OpenNIC: https://www.opennic.org/
"client was trying to make session requests to their API servers but before I can prevent it, cloudflare had me blocked. It's pretty bad as half the internet is behind Cloudflare."
- Cloudflare XSS bypass https://twitter.com/ameenmaali/status/1100536056372490241
Take a look at Cloudflare's transparency report, "Some things we have never done" section.
Cloudflare has never terminated a customer or taken down content due to political pressure.*
If you're using SumatraPDF, you won't notice * is a link to https://www.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-criticism/ . Apparently they've terminated a political account. Do you think it's okay to make a false statement and hide a link to tiny asterisk?
"Sites that respect their visitors do not resort to Cloudflare." "In some cases, for particular countries, having all traffic visible to the U.S.A can be a matter of life and death."
- CF defaults to HTTP connections for its customers https://g0v.social/@sheogorath/101404226960335320
well written post, along with some causes for action in privacytools.io https://github.com/privacytoolsIO/privacytools.io/issues/374#issuecomment-460077544
another privacytools.io thread https://github.com/privacytoolsIO/privacytools.io/issues/711
Cryptome on CF's ability to deanonymize (2016) https://cryptome.org/2016/07/cloudflare-de-anons-tor.htm
bug report issued in wire webapp https://github.com/wireapp/wire-webapp/issues/5716
- The global internet is rotting from within, and
"In a not-so-distant future, if we're not there already, it may be that if you're going to put content on the Internet you'll need to use a company with a giant network like Cloudflare, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, or Alibaba."
Net neutrality is but a skirmish in this larger struggle for control to monopolize all global digital communications. https://www.itu.int/en/ITU-T/Workshops-and-Seminars/20181218/Documents/Geoff_Huston_Presentation.pdf
- "like this page on NSA/Facebook & allow Facebook to track you to prove you're a human being" https://niu.moe/@jeffcliff/101220470739320859
Cloudflare's permissions for DNS are...sketchy https://weeaboo.space/objects/323a4b45-6e40-44f0-9108-77245638df7e
AV Updates blocked by cloudflare - "how to proceed?" http://forums.clamwin.com/viewtopic.php?t=4915 http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2018-November/thread.html
Shiro handed over support to the greater internet in summer 2016.
However it was pointed out that this website itself was on Cloudflare, and cloudflare actively blocked Tor users to access it.
So it was moved to systemli.org : ( https://pad.systemli.org/p/noncloudflare-torblocks ) and an onion service ( http://j7652k4sod2azfu6.onion/p/noncloudflare-torblocks , http://j7652k4sod2azfu6.onion/p/cloudflare-tor , http://j7652k4sod2azfu6.onion/p/cloudflare-philosophy )
These systemli pads needed to be updated once in every while (week? month?) or the whole list was scrubbed.
This happened a few times, and there were some attempts at vandalism up to and including june 2016.
A fork was made during a multi-day outage at http://git.vola7ileiax4ueow.onion/fuckcloudflare/cloudflare-tor/ (new, not GitHub repo)
However vola7ileiax4ueow's git service went down, so it was moved to github
There used to also be a list of websites that were on cloudflare but are no longer. This list has been lost ( it was on https://pad.systemli.org/p/ex-cloudflare-tor )