budlime - Sublime Text related settings, scripts and links.
curated by budRich since 2018
In this repo i will collect things that have helped me to achieve a good developing environment in Sublime Text.
Contains a single readme with sublime related finds: recommended packages, tools, links, videos, and such.
Short articles about sublime that I have written.
Contains of package overrides. Settings, keymaps, and some small custom packages.
I use the official Vintage package to get some of the goodies from VIM in sublime, and many of the other package specific settings I have done reflect this.
I try to change all keybindings involving the arrowkeys to something more VIM-like, and use , as leader in command_mode instead of the annoying Ctrlk key combinations.
These are not all of my preferred packages, I want this collection to be language agnostic so there are more or less no language specific packages included here.
This repo can also be seen as a template for how you can create your own package profile and sync it with subextract.
Some sublime related custom scripts I have created.
||Use this script to apply and install all the packages and settings in the packages directory of this repo.
||prints information about open sublime windows, by analyzing the window title.
||extract readme files, blank default settings and apply and sync custom settings. (this script is used by the install script)
||Open a sublime window, with a specific project, file and instance name.
||Removes unwanted windows from the Session.sublime_session file, useful only if one has issues with multiple unwanted windows are created when the sublime session starts.
added sublsess script
- subdox , external dependencies, might get added back in the future.
- browserpreview, removed since i removed the markdown preview package
- Alignment, good package, but a bit too big and i found myself never using it.
- DA UI, maintainer have removed package. replaced by my own package Mondo (that is much less bloated)
- Extract Sublime Package, replaced by PackageResourceViewer
- FastOpen, this package i made myself, and i think it is too specific to my own workflow to keep it public.
- GitGutter, latest releases of sublime have native git info in gutter
- MarkdownPreview, syntax specific, never used it myself.
- PlainNotes, using both PlainNotes and PlainTasks at the same time felt like overkill
- SublimeLinter, syntax specific, external dependencies
- Table Editor, syntax specific, and i never used it
- TwoFont, my own package, will give this some love and release it as a proper package for Package Control instead.
- Zeal, external dependencies
- BetterFindBuffer, very good enhancement to the Find In Files function.
- Mondo, now includes UI theme and different color schemes.
- EndWithSemi, small package i made with macros instead of python.
- PackageResourceViewer, much better alternative to
Extract Sublime Package
- ReadMePlease, this is a better solution to read package documentation, then the one i used prior (extract the readmes and store them in the user directory)
- renamed tits -> sublget
- all scripts now use the [bashbud] framework
- rewrote the install script and subextract to be faster and better.