You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Tutorial with some basic commands, tips and options to use bash. Bash (Bourne Again Shell) is a shell commonly used on GNU-Linux systems for multiple purposes. Knowing about bash is an enjoyable experience and a great opportunity to learn about computers, files, directories and programs.
- How to add users
- Changing file permissions: 'chmod'
- How can I convert office files to pdf
- Using 'croc' to tranfer files between machines
- Using dd command to flash usb
- Describing hardware
- Using dictionaries and translation tools
- Display files: 'less', 'head' and 'tail' commands
- Learning about files and directories
- GNU-awk program: a nice tool!
- Listing process
- Reading the fabulous manuals!
- Move or rename files
- Convert markup text to multiple formats using 'pandoc'
- Convert pdf to text or html using 'poppler'
- What exactly are input, output and standard error?
- Using 'rmlint' to clean your hard disk
- How to run bash scripts
- How to run R-scripts
- Searching files in the system
- Using 'sed' editor to substitute text
- A really nice feature: streaming from terminal!
- Knowing about variables